PASS Resources Revealed
What has PASS been up to?
Ever find yourself with tons of extra time just looking for something to dig through?
yeah, me neither… But, I do make it a point to go out and read through lots of PASS documents regularly. Sure, Some of those documents are not for public consumption but, a large portion of them are available for any PASS Member to view. Almost all of them will require you to be logged in to the PASS site.
A good starting point is the PASS Governance Page <- lots of good stuff hides on this page, Im working on getting this page removed from behind the login wall
PASS BOD Meeting Minutes are posted on the left hand side
The Feb 2011 Minutes are here
- Good discussions in here about Globalization of PASS, especially revolving around events
The Jan 2011 Minutes are here
- This was an in-person meeting and there is a literal ton of info in here. Highlights are globalization, Summit 2011 Planning, Summit 2010 Post mortem, 5 Year plans, Bylaw Changes
PASS Monthly Reports are found in the middle on the left
These are gems that reveal the day to day inner workings of the BOD and HQ
The Feb report should be posted in the next day or 2
The Jan report however, is here
- In here You’ll find things about Chapters, IT Projects, Marketing initiatives, ERC info, Sponsorship Sales, Summit Program, SQLRally, Gloablization, etc
The Dec report is here
- This one contains things like Chapter info, HQ Finance, IT Projects, Marketing, Summit, Rally, 24hop, SQL Saturday,
The budget for PASS is included at the bottom of the governance page
2011 Budget is here
- Wanna know where the money is supposed to be coming from, and where its supposed to be going? this is where to look.
- Side note: Im going to check into where the 2010 audited financials are, they should be available by now.
The SQL Rally has posted all of the planning meeting notes posted here
- There is tons of good stuff in here, its especially interesting to me to watch the minutes back and forth dealing with very familiar problems as what I’ve seen in the Summit program group.
- Wanna know how many attendees are registered so far for the Rally? yup its in there. Wanna know how many are in Precons? yup its in there too
We (PASS Program) started posting meeting minutes near the lower left side of this page
- I have written about these minutes before
- Good information in here about many new changes that are being considered by the Program Committee
- Essentially It says that I’m not getting nearly enough done for the program committee lately. I need to work on that!
- Im including this here because lost of good stuff gets posted here but, for me I can only find it since its in my RSS Reader.
In Summary, PASS releases a ton of information about what its doing. The problem with this is two-fold, one its a ton of information. Two, the information is spread out all over the place and is often difficult to find on the site using conventional browsing methods so I hope this helps
|Print article||This entry was posted by Allen Kinsel on March 17, 2011 at 9:40 am, and is filed under Ramblings, SQLPASS, Syndicated. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
No trackbacks yet.
about 5 months ago - 2 comments
Welcome New Chapters
This past quarter several new Chapters have joined the PASS community:
Astrakhan .NET & SQL User Group, Russia, led by Yana Kuranova
SQL Professionals of Northwest Nevada, US, led by Christopher Sherrill
Taiwan SQL Server User Group, China, led by Byron Hu and Pohan Chen
Codificando .NET, Sao Paulo, Brazil, led by Erickson Ricci
PASS Beijing, China, led
about 7 months ago - 8 comments
The voters have spoken and I will not be returning to the PASS board as an elected director in 2013. A week ago I wrote a post about campaigning being hard and in it I wrote something that I believe and keep coming back to.
I’ve spent many thousands of hours of my life serving the PASS organization and
about 7 months ago - No comments
Its nearing the end of the road for this years PASS elections cycle and according to the elections timeline, in just a few short hours this years election will be over. Voting will officially end at 12PST tomorrow. To help the inner procrastinator in all of us, heres a link that should tell you when the very last
about 7 months ago - 2 comments
Previously I’ve written about many things I’ve done while on the PASS Board. It’s often easy to take credit as a member of the board for doing things with PASS. The reality though is that there’s always more to it than just deciding to do something, digging in and personally accomplishing some goal. PASS is
about 7 months ago - 4 comments
tl;dr — Disclaimer
I almost didn’t publish this post once I saw what it became as it was too verbose. I couldn’t find a way to shorten it substantially and I didn’t want to break it up. However, I wanted it out there for no other reason than to serve as a crutch to my aging memory.
about 7 months ago - 2 comments
In order to get elected to the PASS Board, Ive twice now been asked to do something that is easily one of the more challenging things I’ve needed to do professionally.
Im a typical DBA type who has never been a fan of self-promotion, Ill happily sit in a corner and give 100% to an effort without looking for any acknowledgement in
about 7 months ago - 3 comments
I’m running for the PASS board of directors again this year
While everyone running for the open Board positions is certainly qualified, I believe I am the best candidate for two primary reasons. First, I have a plan for how I want to evolve the organization. Second, I have a long, well documented history of executing on
about 8 months ago - No comments
PASS Chapters Update
As PASS Director of Chapters, I had my first set of meetings a few weeks ago where every Chapter Leader worldwide was invited and thought I’d write a quick post about it.
Getting up to speed in a new PASS portfolio and having something good to talk about takes time so this meeting took a lot
about 10 months ago - 1 comment
Welcome New Chapters & Regional Mentors
In June & July we had 2 new chapters join the PASS Community
Appleton, Wisconsin Led By Jes Borland
Northern Colorado Led by Erik Disparti
We also have had a lot of new Chapter Leaders join us in existing Chapters and we look forward to helping them keep their chapters thriving.
I’d also like to
about 10 months ago - No comments
Would you like to get paid to work directly with the SQL community?
Of course you would! Well… Ok maybe not all of you would but Im hoping some of you would!! If this sounds like a dream job for you, Ive got some very exciting news! PASS is growing support for local communities again and we’re looking to hire